Practical Assertiveness without Aggression
Assertiveness without Aggression is probably the most comprehensive, practical programme available, designed to help consultants, other doctors and healthcare professionals adopt the right behaviour, communication and approaches to have the desired impact. The resulting effect is greater achievement, more self-control and a greater level of emotional self-mastery. All of this is achieved without ever trying to change the inner you whilst enhancing confidence, self-mastery, impact and interpersonal effectiveness.
Our new Easyjet-style pricing means places start at £195 + VAT for the first 5 places, step to £230 + VAT for the next block and then revert to the standard price of £265 + VAT. It's not time-related, it's 'places available at' and so it pays to book swiftly to secure one of the lower price places.
This means that you get the best price available by booking early but it does require payment at the time of booking, as the place is attached to you and that denies someone else the chance. In the event study leave is declined, refunds are issued according to standard terms & conditions.
BONUS BEHAVIOURAL ANALYSIS QUESTIONNAIRE
Conduct an insightful behavioural drivers questionnaire that helps you relate your behaviour to your psychological profile and then see how to apply yourself more effectively in a wide variety of situations
Helps you to reflect in advance and us to get it right on the day
UNIQUE POST-COURSE IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE
A hugely beneficial guide to implementing the strategies and techniques, so important in gaining the most from the course
- What is appropriate assertiveness?
- Personal & professional consequences of getting it wrong
- Where does positive assertiveness benefit you in life?
1. UNDERSTANDING BEHAVIOUR & ITS MOTIVATIONS
- The principles of the inner human
- Understanding the influences on behaviour
- Historical influences that lead to over or under assertion
- Intent versus impact versus motivation
- Recognising different people, styles & motivations
2. EMOTIONAL SELF-MASTERY
- The importance and influence of self-esteem
- Managing your own self-esteem
- Mastering your own thoughts and beliefs
- Overcoming emotional hijack
- Developing self-control in critical moments
3. CORE PRINCIPLES IN COMMUNICATION & INFLUENCING
- Understanding the communication cycle
- Improving the impact of both written & verbal communication
- The link between stimulus and behaviour
- Understanding and applying the basic influencing process
4. IMPROVING IMPACT & INTERACTION EFFECTIVENESS
- Understanding what delivers impact for different people
- Mastering your own blueprint for impact
- Building rapport more successfully
- Operating with confidence and presence
- Inspiring trust and confidence
5. DELEGATION, SAYING 'NO' & OTHER SCENARIOS
- Dealing with the feelings about saying 'yes' and 'no'
- Developing choices that aren't driven by feelings
- Improving language to improve impact & reduce consequences
- Calling for help when you need it
- Ensuring that risks are acted upon
- Improving handover effectiveness
6. PROVIDING FEEDBACK POSITIVELY & PRODUCTIVELY
- Understanding the emotional & psychological impacts of feedback, good & bad
- Mastering your own feelings when receiving feedback
- Mastering your own feelings when giving feedback
- Developing the right language skills
- Ensuring that you give the right feedback
7. RESOLVING CONFLICT & RE-BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS
- Is it conflict or is it debate?
- Passive and active conflict
- Strategies for minimising its occurrence
- Simple steps to extricate yourself from conflict
- Preserving and restoring relationships
8. HANDLING & MANAGING DIFFICULT BEHAVIOUR
- Difficult people or difficult behaviour?
- Adapting your mindset around behaviour you don't like
- Developing resilience to others
- Spotting & avoiding manipulation
- Influencing behaviour for the better
- Manchester - 13th, Jun 2018
- Birmingham - 24th, Sep 2018
- London - 17th, Oct 2018
- Manchester - 21st, Nov 2018
- First Five Delegates: £195.00
- Next Five Delegates: £230.00
- Standard Price: £265.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.